Sunday, April 5, 2009

Go O's

Hope springs eternal, tomorrow is opening day of baseball. Everyone is tied for first, or has some of my pessimistic friends like to say in regards to the Orioles, last. I have followed the O's since I was a kid. watched them win a world series, watched them blow one they should have won. Stuck with them through an 0 for 21 start.

Watched them close Memorial Stadium and was at Camden Yards the first month it was opened. For the last 11 years I have gone into the season with the idea if such and such happens they could surprise some people. They haven't. Although there could be a light at the end of the tunnel, hoping it is not a freight train.

I think they have turned the corner, not this year, but help is on the way. As this year progresses you will begin to see the youngsters brought up. By the middle to end of next year you will the staff of the future, maybe the outfield of the future, and I think a plan in place to keep the Orioles heading in the right direction for years to come. As usual I look forward to this year starting, and for the first time in a while will probably be just as interested in September as the help begins to arrive.

Go O's.

No comments: