Friday, April 10, 2009

Being Wished Happy Easter

This week I have been told to have a good holiday, Happy Easter, stop putting the wrong mail in my box. The one about the wrong mail in the box is self explanatory, but I am not sure about Happy Easter. The good holiday is just from people that really do not know any better, but what about Happy Easter? I think that happy may be a bit weak as the reponse we should have.

That morning for the ladies on their way to Jesus' grave began with sorrow, as they were going to finish the burial procedures. There was uncertainity about how they would roll the stone away, and if they would be harrased by the guards. That became confusion when they got there and the stone was already rolled away. Fear showed up as they entered to find 2 angels, and the body gone. Matthew tells us that after the angels told them that Jesus had risen from the dead, they hurry away afraid yet filled with joy. When they see Jesus they fall at his feet and worship Him.

That is why I think happy is weak. This was more than happiness, it was a joyous occasion that was taking place that day. When you think about happiness, I can be happy one moment sad the next. The idea of joy runs much deeper, you can have that sense of joy even in the darkest times. The joy they were experiencing then was an everlasting joy that they are still experiencing in Heaven today. Maybe I am nit picking a little, but I hope you have a joyous Easter that continues into eternity.

He is no here He has Risen. Amen.

No comments: