Friday, November 7, 2008

Here we go

I am in the unique position of being a part-time pastor and full-time mailman, which is quite the combination in itself. I only get to preach once a week, and I hear a lot at work to which I would just love to be able to add my 2 cents worth, although before long it will only be worth 1 cent. Unfortunately time does not allow me to respond to all that I hear in the way I would like.

So that is how I end up here. Short-term: this will be my little haven, a place were I can address the serious and the not so serious. I am sure in this phase we will range from the spiritual, to the post office, and maybe even why the Orioles have not made any moves yet.

Long-term: I see this has the beginning of a ministry designed to do just that, minister. A place where we will help each other to grow. A place where we will deal with matters of faith, hopefully a place where we will see iron sharpen iron. If this intrigues you, I want to invite you to join me on this journey. It may not always be easy, at times we may even ask if it is worth it, but I think what's at the end will make it worth our while. Hope to see you soon.

1 comment:

glh fan said...

gotta start somewhere!!!