Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Better Not Be Mine

Today at the post office a driver was bringing in our DPS, delivery point sequence, which means that mail is in route order. The idea being we can take that right to the street. Just as he gets the mail to the front a tray falls spilling all over the floor, it's longer in route order. One person said out loud what the rest of us were thinking, "it better not be mine." That was just mail, but we do it in all areas of life. I heard someone's house is on fire, please do not let it be mine. I heard the doctor gave a phone call in regards to someone's bad report, please do not let it be me.

Do we realize what we are doing? I hope it's my neighbors house, or I hope it's someone else's family member that is getting the bad report. I heard of a guy riding home with a pastor one night, cannot remember his name, but they looked ahead and could see that a house was on fire. This guy reacted like many do and said, "Lord please do not let it be the pastor's home, at that point he heard the pastor say "Lord let it be my house." Seems the pastor was putting others before himself. How we react to things like that really says alot about us. What do you think?

No comments: