Tuesday, December 29, 2009

A Year Has Come And Gone

Another year has come and is just about gone, it was year where some things changed and some stayed the same.

Family wise: changes the boys keep growing up, both excelling at different endeavors. same- I keep getting older.

Job wise: same- still at the Post Office. change- playing supervisor when my boss is off. Hoping for 5 day delivery.

Hobby wise: same- learning to play the Banjo. change- ?

Ministry wise: same- still at Edgemere Bible Church, this past November was our 10 year anniversary. change- focus, which I pray will show up in the coming year.

I know that is very general, but in each of our lives we have all experienced the same thing, which leads to an important question. Will we spend this coming year focused on the good or bad of last year, or will we be focused on the year ahead and what God has in store for us. I know in my own life I have spent alot of time looking back and thinking about what could have been if only.... That has been alot of time wasted. My prayer for this coming year is to be active in the hear and now, not focused on the past or waiting for the right time. To be doing the things God would have me do now, not be stopped by the past or more focused on a better time to do this. I pray you and I begin to realize that has the world we live in seems to get worse and worse, we have been placed here for such a time as this.

HAPPY NEW YEAR

No comments: